Wednesday, January 2, 2013

DIY Felt Play Food Bread


If you have a play kitchen, and you need some play food, bread is a necessity!  All kids like making sandwiches etc.  This is the easy, no sew, cheating way to make them (thats me) lol.
Note:if sewn instead of glued, would look nicer :)

Need:
construction paper
white felt
tan felt
hot glue gun and glue

Start by making a pattern
I drew my bread slice out on construction paper, and cut it out.


trace and cut 4 white bread shapes per slice, stack together


cut long skinny strips out of the tan


i made 4 slices. . . here are all my pieces


next, with 4 pieces of white stacked perfectly together, start, very carefully, glueing the tan strip (crust) around the bread

Note: if sewing, sew to top and bottom bread slice pieces


finished piece


tada!!  they feel real!


2 comments:

  1. I was wondering if these could be made with hot glue! lol thats the best way to "sew" in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously hot glue most everything lol. I judt don't have time to hand sew. :)

      Delete